These are my Around the Web links for April 29th through April 30th:
- Engaging your audience: slides vs. Prezi - I love Prezi. I'd love to use it more but haven't truly fitted it into my presenting workflow yet.
- Automating iOS: A Comprehensive Guide to Launch Center Pro - Great guide to using Launch Center Pro. Great app - even if "centre" is misspelt.
- The iPad’s Curse - Great question posed by Ben Bajarin via Shawn Blanc: "The iPad’s curse may be it can do many things well but does it do anything better?"
- Critique is Misunderstood - Varina Patel on why critiquing (specifically in photography, but really in any field) is a give and take thing, and why its a valuable development tool for the one giving the critique as well as the one receiving it.
- Gerry Conway: The ComiXology Outrage | Comicbook.com - "Amazon knows chap prices but it doesn't know a thing about great experiences". It is the experience that counts for reading, particularly comics. Amazon may have misread this market.
- → Why Newsstand needs to go away - There are some Newsstand magazines I like, but to be honest I generally prefer the experience in standalone apps or Zinio
- → The ComiXology Outrage - Marco Arment provides an interesting perspective on the ongoing discussion about Amazon's changes to Comixology